- Where are you from? What do you do for work? Family?
Born and raised in Georgia, I grew up in Peachtree City. I’ve been working as a software developer in Alpharetta for 5 years. I have 2 brothers, one older (and married), and one younger. My parents still live in Peachtree City.
- When did you start CFP?
I’ve been doing CrossFit/weightlifting for 6 years, but I joined Passion when it merged with Operation CrossFit a year and a half ago.
- What’s your biggest fitness/health accomplishment since starting CFP?
Muscle ups! Both on rings and bar. I also *FINALLY* PR’d my snatch at 190 lbs after a stagnant 3 years of sitting at 180!
- 4. What are your future fitness goals?
Just to keep working hard and getting better. I’d like to get a 500 lbs back squat and get more consistent with muscle ups.
- 5. What do you do for fun?
I love photography and I’ve started getting into wood carving/ wood working the last couple of years. Really just anything relaxing, I’m pretty low maintenance.
- Favorite lift/workout?
Any squat movement, particularly back squats.
- 7. Least favorite lift/workout?
Clean and jerk. Still working on mobility and correct positions.
- What advice would you give to anyone wanting to start at CrossFit Passion?
Form is more important than weight. Bad form leads to injury which means you can’t have fun in the gym. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly or dumb they may seem. The coaches are there for a good reason!